Welcome on board the Movement Wisdom Deluxe 200 Hour Online Yoga Teacher Training!
I am honored and excited that you chose this course! Below you'll find everything you need to prepare for the training and our time together.
August to November 2022
- Your course begins from the day of purchase and you have unlimited lifetime access to all course contents.
- In order to graduate and become a certified yoga teacher, you must finish the entire course in under 1 year. You will need to have all homework and the final exam handed in by the end of the year.
- Most of the coursework happens online and on your own schedule, which means you get to decide how quickly you make your way through the program in our year together.
- This is a Yoga Alliance International certified 200 hour teacher training which means that once you have successfully completed the program and received your certificate, you will be able to register with the Yoga Alliance.
You took the right decision!
Here are the bonuses you get with your Deluxe Movement Wisdom YTT:
5 one-to-one mentoring calls - these are 60 minute calls that you can schedule in whenever is best for you over the course of the year. However, I suggest we do them quarterly during the training, and there will be links in your training to book your call with me after you've reached certain milestones. In these calls, we can talk about anything that you'd like to - your asana practice, philosophy, business of yoga, any and all questions you have regarding the classes in the training, etc. Really anything that helps you deepen your YTT experience and beyond. So please be sure to write down all of the questions that come up for you as you make your way through the program, and bring those questions to our calls!
Personalized body reading - (you'll see once we have the body reading anatomy class in section 3 what this is all about) - I do a personal body reading on my partner, Viktor. We look at his unique bone structure and body variation. So I will do this same thing for you, and with that info, you will gain some big insights into your asana practice and how to work with your specific body on the mat! Bonus asana classes - you will get
4 bonus asana classes over the course of your mentorship. We can make these private Zoom classes if you'd like, rather than pre-recorded videos - this is up to you, and you can let me know your preference in your intake form.
Bonus podcasts - you will also get 4 bonus podcasts in various key areas of study that we cover in the training - the subjects of the podcasts were picked based on the subjects that interested students the most in previous rounds of the training.
Bonus teaching practices - these are where you teach to the camera, and I give you some personalized feedback on your teaching. This feedback can be incredibly helpful in shaping your voice and style as a yoga teacher! And if you're not sure that you want to teach after the training, we can also use this time for me to give you feedback on extra "asana selfies" instead, where I help give you tips on your alignment in the poses.
Lifetime course access - This is one of the biggest benefits of all! In our Classic version of the YTT access is limited to one year. But in the Deluxe version access is unlimited which means you get to rewatch the videos and reinforce your knowledge for many years to come.
Learning Platform, Facebook, Google Drive
- The entire course is hosted on our learning platform, Thinkific. It's very intuitive and easy to navigate. And we'll support you with any technical questions. You might have already created an account after registering for the course. If not, go ahead and do so now. If you run into difficulties, please send an email to email@example.com
- Even though you have signed up for a private YTT, there are some group YTT features that might interest you. For example, each week I post replays of the group YTT's Zoom Q&A calls in our private Movement Wisdom YTT Facebook group. Here, you can benefit from the questions that others are asking about the lessons and from my responses. They might also spark new questions in you as well! Plus, you get to virtually 'meet' everyone who is, or has taken, the Movement Wisdom YTT, too! To join, send me your FB profile and I will add you to the group.
- In order to send me your teaching practice homework (which are short videos of you teaching different poses and breathwork techniques), you'll need a Google Drive account. To get a google drive account, you do not necessarily need an @gmail email address. It's enough to connect your existing email with the Google ecosystem. Once again: If you don't have a Google drive account yet, please consider creating one.
- For all technical questions you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not contact Jess with anything relating to technology (she would just pass it along anyways =D).
We need your exact address
The training manual is a gift.
We'll have it shipped to the address you provided on your intake form. (If you need to update your address, please send us an email to email@example.com with your new address.)
- We will ship you your manual ASAP once we have your address. And because we ship it priority, we also need your phone number for the delivery. Please fill out your intake form as soon as you can in order to receive your manual promptly.
- As you surely know, we offer all our students a Satisfaction guarantee which allows you to drop out of the course and get a full refund up to 7 days after the training start. But please note that should you decide to drop out after we've already sent you your course manual, we will have to charge you €100 for the manual plus whatever we paid for shipping.
A couple of fantastic books!
- Please have a look through these texts before the course begins in order to prepare yourself as best as possible for our philosophy and anatomy lectures.
- And don't worry! You are not expected to have read them all by the training start.
- Depending on your background, experiences and interests you may find one or several of these texts challenging. That's normal! Don't panic. Don't be afraid. Just try your best and spend some time with these books before the training.
- Try to understand the main concepts and familiarize yourself with the vocabulary of the human body and yoga philosophy. You can then read these books again after the training when they will be much easier to understand!
- If you cannot find these exact editions of the Yoga Sutras or the Bhagavad Gita, then feel free to use different ones. These are simply Jess' favorite translations.
Many more fantastic books!
These books are also highly recommended for you to read at some point in the future. They'll give you deep insight into the diverse practice of yoga as well as anatomy, and teaching.
- Your Spine, Your Yoga by Bernie Clark
- Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germain
- Yoga: Fascia, Anatomy and Movement by J. Avison
- The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume I by Dr. Ray Long
- The Anatomy Coloring Book by Kapit & Elson
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff & Amy Matthews
Hatha Yoga + Pranayama
- Light on Pranayama by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
Yin & Restorative Yoga
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark
- Insight Yoga by Sarah Powers
- The Language of Yin by Gabrielle Harris
- The Relaxation Response by Herbert Benson
- Relax and Renew by Judith Hanson Lasater
Ancient Yoga Philosophy
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika (no particular translator)
- The Ten Principle Upanishads by Shree Purohit Swami and W.B. Yeats
- The Upanishads by P. Olvielle
Hindu / Yoga Philosophy
- The Yoga Tradition by Georg Feuerstein
- The Origins and Development of Classical Hinduism by A.L. Basham
Teaching + Career Skills
- Courage to Teach by Parker Palmer
- The Art and Business of Teaching Yoga by Amy Ippoliti
Asana + Class Theming
- Myths of the Asanas by Alanna Kaivalya
- Theme Weaver by Michelle Marchildon
Buddhism + Meditation
- A Path With Heart by Jack Kornfield
- The Path is the Goal by Chögyam Trungpa
Prepare your mind
Put aside some time to write in a notebook, digital document or journal and come to the training with a better understanding of yourself - past, present, and who you hope to be in the future.
- Who do you want to be?
- What kind of person?
- What do you love to do?
- What do you value?
- What makes you feel alive?
- What are your assets?
- What are you good at?
- What are your talents and strengths?
- What are your gifts?
- What are your liabilities?
- What are your foibles, flaws, weaknesses?
- What does yoga mean to you?
- What is your reason for wanting to be a yoga teacher?
- What is your mission in teaching yoga?
- What do you hope to contribute to your life, and the world by being one?
Prepare your body
We will be on the mat up to 5 hours per week practicing and learning about asana. To prepare for this kind of physical activity I recommend increasing the frequency and duration of your yoga practice in the weeks and months leading up to the training.
Your body will acclimate after the first few weeks, but just so your first week or two are more enjoyable, you might want to make sure you are practicing 4-6x a week for a minimum of 60 minutes and up to 3 hours if time allows on some days. This is more of an ideal goal, in an ideal world, so don’t worry if you cannot increase this much before the training begins. Again, your body will get used to it as we go, but it’s best to be as prepared as you can!
- Now is a great time to get used to my classes and learn a bit more about my teaching style. Not only will this help you meet your practice goals, it will familiarize you with Jess' energy and style of teaching, cues, themes and sequencing. This way you'll be much more “synced up” and ready to roll when the training starts. You can find a catalogue of Jess' programs, classes and tutorials here.
- Yoga and meditation are two practices that have gone hand in hand since the early days of both practices. During this course, we'll meditate regularly, and as a yoga teacher, you will probably be asked at some point about your meditation practice, and if you are able to lead meditation.
- You will learn a lot about meditation during the training, but before we meet online, take some time to sit in stillness and silence or follow some guided meditations.
Prepare your space
In order to make this training a complete success, we recommend that you create a warm, inspiring, beautiful yoga space for your practice and studies. This doesn't have to be a whole room, or even a large area. It might just be big enough to fit your yoga mat and a few decorations plus your laptop. Get creative with plants, candles, incense, music, fairy lights, an altar, crystals, a Tibetan singing bowl or any special thing makes you feel passionate and excited to get on your mat.
Here are the props you will need for this training:
- A laptop or tablet and a good internet connection
- A high quality yoga mat - my favorites are the eco-friendly mats from Manduka and Jade Yoga
- 2 yoga blocks - large foam blocks or eco-friendly cork blocks
- 1 large yoga bolster - my favorites are the ones that are filled with eco-friendly kapok
- 1 extra long yoga strap
- 2 yoga blankets (or any blanket from your home) - my favorite are Mexican blankets
- If you have any questions about props or setting up your personal yoga sanctuary, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
No risk for you!
We are happy to offer you a Satisfaction guarantee. Here is what that means exactly:
- Should you not be satisfied with the quality of the course, you have the chance to get a full refund.
- In order to get the refund, you need to drop out of the course within the first 7 days of the course. The training starts on a Monday, so we would need your written "letter of resignation" before Sunday 11:59 pm.
- A simple email will do. But please take some time to really help us understand why you weren't satisfied with the program.
- We issue refunds within 30 days.
Enjoy the training!
Fill your body and mind with anticipation. Prepare yourself for the journey of a lifetime. I can't wait to meet you and share the amazing world of yoga with you!