Welcome to the Jess Rose Yoga 200 Hour Online Yoga Teacher Training! I am honored and excited that you chose this course!
Training Group Dates and General Information
This online group training takes place over 16 weeks, starting May 31st, 2021 and ending September 20th, 2021.
Covering 200 hours' worth of content in 16 weeks means that there will be approximately 12 hours of coursework every week, including one 90 minute live group call with Jess per week.
If you don't plan to or can't manage to finish the training in 16 weeks, it's not a problem! You have 8 whole months to complete all classes and exams and receive your certificate.
This is a Yoga Alliance International certified 200 hour teacher training. This means that once you have successfully completed the program and received your certificate, you will be able to register with the Yoga Alliance.
All final payments are due by May 29th, 2021. Please note this down in your calendar! If the final payment is not made by this date, your spot in the training may be made available to others in case there is a waiting list. I will send you a reminder email before the final payment is due to help you keep the payment deadline. 🙂
Schedule and Course Structure
Asana, Meditation, Pranayama Classes / Workshops
Between 1 - 2.5 hours per week
Study Jess' sequences as a foundation for your own creativity
Approximately 30 minutes per week
In-depth study of each yoga pose in the manual
Between 1 - 3 hours per week
Yoga History & Philosophy
Approximately 1.5 hours per week
Approximately 1 hour per week
Teaching Methodology, Ethics, and Inner Work
Approximately 1.5 hours per week
Teaching Practice and Asana "Selfies"
Practice teaching and upload photos of your asana Approximately 30 minutes per week
Live Zoom Calls
Say hi to the group and get your questions answered by Jess
1.5 hours per week
There will be three options for the live Zoom calls per week. These calls will take place on different days and at different times in order to accommodate everyone's schedule - no matter where you are in the world! If you can't make any of the 3 meetings on any given week, Jess will send you a recording of one of the Zoom calls from the week so you can stay in the loop!
If you don't manage to finish the training in the 16 weeks we have as a group, it's absolutely no problem! You have a total of 8 months (from May 31st, 2021 until January 31st, 2022) to finish the program and send in your final exam in order to receive your certificate.
Plus, you will have access to the full training for 2 years from the starting date of the program (May 31st, 2021 until May 31st, 2023), so you will be able to go back and review any classes or concepts that didn't soak in 100% the first time! 🙂
Depending on your background, experiences and interests you may find one or several of these texts challenging. That's normal! Don't panic. Don't be afraid. Just try your best and spend some time with these books before the training. Try to understand the main concepts and familiarize yourself with the vocabulary of the human body and yoga philosophy. You can then read these books again after the training when they will be much easier to understand!
If you cannot find these exact editions of the Yoga Sutras or the Bhagavad Gita, then feel free to use different ones. These are simply Jess' favorite translations.
Highly Recommended Reading
- Your Spine, Your Yoga by Bernie Clark
- Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germain
- Yoga: Fascia, Anatomy and Movement by J. Avison
- The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume I by Dr. Ray Long
- The Anatomy Coloring Book by Kapit & Elson
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff & Amy Matthews
Hatha Yoga + Pranayama
- Light on Pranayama by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
Yin & Restorative Yoga
- The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark
- Insight Yoga by Sarah Powers
- The Language of Yin by Gabrielle Harris
- The Relaxation Response by Herbert Benson
- Relax and Renew by Judith Hanson Lasater
Ancient Yoga Philosophy
- Hatha Yoga Pradipika (no particular translator)
- The Ten Principle Upanishads by Shree Purohit Swami and W.B. Yeats
- The Upanishads by P. Olvielle
Hindu / Yoga Philosophy
- The Yoga Tradition by Georg Feuerstein
- The Origins and Development of Classical Hinduism by A.L. Basham
Teaching + Career Skills
- Courage to Teach by Parker Palmer
- The Art and Business of Teaching Yoga by Amy Ippoliti
Asana + Class Theming
- Myths of the Asanas by Alanna Kaivalya
- Theme Weaver by Michelle Marchildon
Buddhism + Meditation
- A Path With Heart by Jack Kornfield
- The Path is the Goal by Chögyam Trungpa
Put aside some time to write in a notebook, digital document or journal and come to the training with a better understanding of yourself - past, present, and who you hope to be in the future.
- Who do you want to be?
- What kind of person?
- What do you love to do?
- What do you value?
- What makes you feel alive?
- What are your assets?
- What are you good at?
- What are your talents and strengths?
- What are your gifts?
- What are your liabilities?
- What are your foibles, flaws, weaknesses?
- What does yoga mean to you?
- What is your reason for wanting to be a yoga teacher?
- What is your mission in teaching yoga?
- What do you hope to contribute to your life, and the world by being one?
We will be on the mat up to 5 hours per week practicing and learning about asana. To prepare for this kind of physical activity I recommend increasing the frequency and duration of your yoga practice in the weeks and months leading up to the training.
Your body will acclimate after the first few weeks, but just so your first week or two are more enjoyable, you might want to make sure you are practicing 4-6x a week for a minimum of 60 minutes and up to 3 hours if time allows on some days. This is more of an ideal goal, in an ideal world, so don’t worry if you cannot increase this much before the training begins. Again, your body will get used to it as we go, but it’s best to be as prepared as you can!
Practice With Me Online
Create Your Beautiful Home Yoga Studio
In order to make this training a complete success, I recommend that you create a warm, inspiring, beautiful yoga space for your practice and studies. This doesn't have to be a whole room, or even a large area. It might just be big enough to fit your yoga mat and a few decorations plus your laptop. Get creative with plants, candles, incense, music, fairy lights, an altar, crystals, a Tibetan singing bowl or any special thing makes you feel passionate and excited to get on your mat.
Here are the props you will need for this training:
1. A laptop or tablet and a good internet connection
2. A high quality yoga mat - my favorites are the eco-friendly mats from Manduka and Jade Yoga
3. 2 yoga blocks - large foam blocks or eco-friendly cork blocks
4. 1 large yoga bolster - my favorites are the ones that are filled with eco-friendly kapok
5. 1 extra long yoga strap
6. 2 yoga blankets (or any blanket from your home) - my favorite are Mexican blankets
If you have any questions about props or setting up your personal yoga sanctuary, send me an email at email@example.com
Booking & Cancellation Terms and Conditions
Final payments will be due on May 29th, 2021. If you neglect to make your final payment by this date, your place in the training may be given to someone else in the likely case of a waiting list, and your deposit will be refunded, minus the cost of the manual (50 Euros).
The cost of your manual is covered in the training price, but shipping is excluded. This is simply due to the fact that shipping a manual to Australia will be much more than shipping one to the E.U., where we are based. In order to avoid charging everyone the highest possiblity for the shipping costs, we figured it was better to just have the shipping be separate from the training price.
Your 500 Euro deposit has guaranteed your spot in the training (and Jess is so excited to have you on board!). The training fee, including the deposit, is non-refundable after June 7th, 2021. You have until the end of the first week of the training to decide whether or not you would like to leave the program. In the case that you do wish to drop out of the program and receive a refund, you must notify Jess in writing via email by June 7th, 2021 to "firstname.lastname@example.org."